Raspberry Thunder Meringue Crunch makes a wonderful summery dessert that is ideal for dinner parties, or perhaps just a decadent Friday evening pud!
It is a take on the classic Eton Mess and can be as easy as you like to make, if you buy the meringue nests, or perhaps you will want to impress your dinner guests by making the meringues yourself!
- Thunder Toffee Vodka
- Raspberries (some steeped in Thunder Toffee Vodka and some for garnish)
- Meringue nests (homemade or shop bought)
- Double Cream
- Crushed Walnuts
- Drizzle a good quantity of Thunder Toffee Vodka over a quantity of raspberries and leave to steep overnight.
- Lightly break some home made or shop bought meringue.
- Whip up a quantity of double cream into soft peeks and slowly add Thunder to taste.
- Now layer Meringue Crunch, Steeped Raspberries and Thunder Cream two or three times in a glass pudding bowl.
- With the last layer being cream, top of with fresh raspberries, a dash of Thunder and a sprinkle of crushed walnuts.